Summer keeps us in motion. The weather’s pleasant, travel is more common, and events are at an all-time high. In the midst summer’s busy schedule, it is easy to compromise our healthy lifestyle.
Smoothies are a great breakfast or snack to ensure at least one healthy, high vibrational meal. Smoothies are more than just fruit and milk. There are so many options of healthy ingredients to add! Some of our favourites are; chia seeds, cacao, superfood greens, moringa, protein powder, coconut flakes, hemp seeds, goji berries, flax seeds, turmeric, and the list goes on and on.
While many of these ingredients add flavour and antioxidants, one important factor that every regular smoothie-maker knows to keep consistent is a good source of fibre. We need fibre for just about every body system to work properly. Fibre is crucial for a healthy diet and can be especially important when travelling or on the go because when we can’t ‘rest and digest’, we often become constipated.
Not all fibre products are created equal!
Pro-tip: When seeking a natural source of fibre, make sure it is organic, non-GMO, and ethically sourced. If you are using a fibre product to detox or help with regular elimination, you don’t want it to be filled with chemicals and additives.
This smoothie recipe was made with ORGANIC INDIA’s Organic Whole Husk Psyllium. This psyllium is naturally and ethically sourced and has no hidden ingredients. Adding a tablespoon to your daily diet will help you meet your daily fibre goals.
Summer Smoothie: Fiber Zap!
- 3 bags of ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Raspberry Peach tea
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup almond, soy, or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of your favourite peanut butter
- 1 chopped banana
- ½ cup fresh pears
- ½ cup peaches
- 1 tbsp ORGANIC INDIA Whole Husk Psyllium
For the base:
- Brew 3 bags of ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Raspberry Peach tea in 1 cup hot water; let steep.
- Once room temp., mix with 1 cup almond, soy, or coconut milk.
For the smoothie:
- Fill blender with enough ice for 1 serving and 1 tbsp of your favourite peanut butter.
- Add 1 chopped banana, ½ cup fresh pears, and ½ cup peaches to blender.
- Pour base liquid over ingredients
- While blending, stir in 1 tbsp ORGANIC INDIA Whole Husk Psyllium
THIRSTY FOR MORE? YOU’LL LOVE THESE ARTICLES…
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter for up-to-date news, new products and special offers. Be apart of our beautiful community inspiring True Wellness for all.