About the Author
Sarada (Sally Martin) is a Naturopath who lives near Byron Bay with her partner and two daughters. Sarada works as ORGANIC INDIA’s Business Development Manager for Australia and New Zealand. Sustainable, local, organic whole (SLOW) food, being in nature, environmental care, friends & family, plus Tulsi-Holy Basil Tea (!) are all close to Sarada’s heart.
It is natural to refresh our intentions as the New Year begins – it’s prime time to be inspired, and that moment is worth seizing. This year we’re suggesting some realistic, do-able intentions that will help create sustainable change for you and those around you.
Try implementing one at a time; daily or allow one single intention to be the focus each month, and watch the wellbeing that is your birthright unfold this year.
1. Hydrate: We all know we need to do it, and many of us sneak from one year to the next being chronically dehydrated, which can lead to disease. You can turn this around, one glass of purified water at a time. Or, one mug of herbal tea at a time. We suggest slipping in a teabag of Tulsi (Holy Basil), one of Nature’s most powerful adaptogenic herbs, to a mug of hot water (or room temp water in a bottle to go). While you hydrate, energising your body and clearing your mind, Tulsi will help you cope with any stress that arises this year,
2. Nourish: Reach for low calorie, high-nutrient food wherever you can (and not the reverse) and take care of yourself from the inside out. It’s pretty easy to figure out which foods support our wellbeing – they come directly from Mother Nature. One of our planet’s most nutritious plants is Moringa, which is used in traditional Indian cooking. You can include Moringa powder in your daily smoothie & allow your energy levels to soar.
3. Tuck into Tonic Herbs: they promote a vital and vibrant life. Tulsi (Holy Basil), Ashwagandha, Moringa, are all listed amongst the best Tonic Herbs Ayurveda has to offer. These rejuvenating herbs have been used for thousands of years in Ayurveda for their cumulative, long-term benefits, and can be taken over a long period of time without side-effects. You can source select tonic herbs sustainably with ORGANIC INDIA.
4. Get regular & stay regular: One of the foundations for wellbeing is complete elimination which should be regular and satisfying. If you aren’t eliminating your waste on a daily basis, or you feel incomplete or encumbered, try Tulsi Lax tea on rising, and one teaspoon of Psyllium in warm water or diluted apple/pear juice at night before going to bed (followed by another glass of water).
5. Breathe…. in deeply and out completely. We get so busy that we often forget to breathe properly. Take your time, there’s no rush. Ideally, make some time for breathing fresh air, in nature, at least once daily. If you have the inclination, seek out a yoga instructor experienced in Pranayama, the practice of harnessing prana (life force or energy) through the articulation of the breath.
6. Sleep Deeply: Here is another wellness fundamental. If you are not getting a good night’s rest, now is a good time to address it. One cup of Tulsi Sleep tea every evening is one step in the right direction but you can learn more to help you sleep here.
7. Move: Take the stairs, walk your dog, run for the train, join a class, play tag with your kids. Do whatever you can to get your body moving. Your mind will clear, your sleep will improve, and you will feel a whole lot better. Really!
8. Go Outside: Watch the birds sing, the flowers bloom, the sunset and the moon rise. Allow your soul to connect with nature.
9. Reduce your footprint: Sign up to sustainability. We all want to pass our beloved planet onto our kids and theirs. If you already have, go to the next level. Did you see our article 20 Ways to re-use a teabag? If you aren’t using organic products, try to switch at least a few household products to natural, chemical-free alternatives. A gentle introduction to organics is to follow the Dirty Dozen and the Clean 15.
10. Declutter: outside & in. Spring clean at home, do a colon cleanse, meditate or practice another mindful practice. Clear your home, your body, your mind so you can think clearly, breathe easily, and radiate well-being. Try Tulsi Cleanse Tea to support your liver and kidney function for at least 21 days in a row.
11. Address those ails that niggle: We all have our very own unique signs that suggest something within our body needs our attention. It might be headaches, insomnia, achy joints, waking religiously at a particular time in the night, or something else. A good way to start dealing with it is the Tulsi 21 Day Challenge: Drink 3 cups of Tulsi (Holy Basil) 21 Days in a row and journal your energy levels, mood, sleep, stress, digestion, elimination, and note what’s going on with that niggle too. The compounding effect of regular Tulsi (stress-relieving, antioxidant-rich & immune boosting) is not to be underestimated.
12. Connect: With yourself and others. Quiet moments of solitude (best paired with a mug of Tulsi tea) or heart-warming conversations with like-minded peeps can really top you up. Connection brings vitality and joy, reframes your mind and heart, sets up your day, your week and your year for ultimate wellbeing.
THIRSTY FOR MORE? YOU’LL LOVE THESE ARTICLES…
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter for up-to-date news, new products and special offers. Be apart of our beautiful community inspiring True Wellness for all.